WE ARE OPEN! If you had an appointment during the Shelter-in-Place, our staff will be reaching out to you to reschedule.
If you would like to get in sooner, please call
We hope you and your families have remained safe and healthy during these trying times.
As always, our primary concern is your health and safety! We have implemented new protocols in order to keep both you and our staff safe during your visit. Please take a moment to read through these changes listed below.
COVID PREVENTION AND CARE IMPROVEMENTS
We are so happy to have our doors open again and cannot wait to take care of you and your family! As always, we value your health and well being and are working hard to safely provide for your dental health needs. We have been and are continuing to closely monitor guidance from the CDC, OSHA, ADA (American Dental Association) and CDA (California Dental Association) to promote patient and staff safety.
We have utilized the closure to make significant upgrades and investments to our safety protocols and equipment, even beyond the recommendations from the ADA and CDA.
- New Safety Equipment:
- We are practicing aerosol reduction techniques with the use of rubber dams and intraoral suction devices
- We have upgraded our HVAC to include MERV 13 air filters with more than 12 air changes per hour
- New Safety Protocols:
- We continue to practice universal precautions but now we also clean heavy traffic items outside of our treatment rooms
Here are some of the additional modifications we have implemented:
- Pre-Appointment Screenings and Day-Of Screenings: A member of our team will schedule a pre-appointment screening (done by phone or telehealth). We will repeat this screening when you come to the office, as well as take your temperature
- Expanded management of and help with financial obligations: To streamline our billing and help you know what your out-of-pocket cost may be, we are expanding our pre-appointment billing estimate process. And, to minimize the amount of traffic through our reception, we are able to process your payment remotely. Our treatment care coordinator will do their best to manage all financial obligations and contact you prior to your appointment so that you know what to expect (Note: this can be combined with the pre-appointment screening).
- Meet at your designated Entrance: : We will meet patients at the entrance, take their temperature and rescreen. For our patient-family, this means that there will be less foot traffic inside the office, which will improve social distancing.
- Social Distancing: To help improve social distancing, we are asking all our patients to enter through separate doors labeled 1-4 (see labels outside of building)
- DOOR 1 – Dr. Alex Pagonis & Dr. Sharareh Tajbakhsh
- DOOR 2 – Dr. JJ Salehieh & Dr. Nava Gabbay
- DOOR 3 – Dr. Angie Pagonis & Dr. Tricia Mockler
- DOOR 4 – Specialty Doctors – Dr. Scott Dault, Dr. Sami Khayat, Dr. Kyle Low, & Dr. An Nguyen
- Face Coverings & Hand Sanitizer required on Entry: We will request all people entering our building to wear a face covering and use of hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the office.
- Spread out appointment times, expanded appointment availability: Appointment times will be managed to limit the number of patients entering and exiting at any given time. Please let us know in advance you have any needs that you would like us to specifically accommodate such as a seating area, medical inability to wear a mask, etc.
Let us close with these thoughts:
- Our primary concern is your health and your safety!
- We cannot wait to return to our work—creating beautiful smiles and caring for you!
- We are grateful for you, and we are here for you.
Stay Safe. Stay healthy. And, we can’t wait to see you!
Your CDG Doctors
Dr. JJ Salehieh
Dr. Nava Gabbay
Dr. Sharareh Tajbakhsh
Dr. Alex Pagonis
Dr. Angie Pagonis
Dr. Tricia Mockler