Skip to main content
Brushing & Flossing
- Brush after every meal.
- Use a toothbrush with a small amount of toothpaste.
- Use circular, vibrating motions around the gumline for about 10 seconds on each tooth.
- Brush every tooth slowly.
- Brush the lower teeth up and the upper teeth down. Also brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
- Floss nightly after brushing to remove the plaque missed by brushing.
- Carefully pull waxed floss between wire and braces.
- Floss carefully around the braces.
- Floss carefully around the gum area.
- Floss around each tooth.
- Proper Oral Hygiene
- Improper Brushing and Flossing
Oral Hygiene Overview